CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

and so it begins...

We love football season at the Whatley house! But there is a matter of which team to pull for that seems to cause trouble. I am an Auburn fan and Lee is a Bama fan. From the start of our relationship we've been able to manage. He would go to Auburn games with me when I was in school and we would go to Bama games with our families. We will also go so far as hoping each other's team does "okay" playing against other opponents. Now it becomes a little harder and little more personal.... Who is Tripp going to cheer for? What colors will he wear on gameday? What will he learn to say first? Who will he watch that big game with? I have to admit that I am sort of out numbered. My parents, my sister, my four brother-in-laws, Lee's parents and Lee all pull for the Tide. But a lot of our friends are Auburn fans, so maybe I'll have a little help. Maybe I can teach him to say War Tide or Roll Eagle... Until he can make the decision for himself (which I'll be working overtime to hope he makes the RIGHT choice), he be a divided baby wearing both colors and cheering for both teams. It really kinda depends on who they both play... Good thing this weekend he'll be watching the Auburn game with his two favorite girls! We did teach him last weekend to say touchdown with the motions and all! I have a few pictures from football last weekend and will take more this weekend to post!

He also now knows wear his "button" is, referring to his belly button. And he knows where his ears are. He is saying more words, such as ball, bath (those two sound a lot alike), mama, bye, hey, the occasional dada, and other babbles that mean certain things. He is talking more and more now that he's walking like a pro! Other big news... he's finally sleeping better! He was a great sleeper for the first 7 months of his life, then he got sick with RSV, and numerous ear infections ending with tubes, and so his sleep was all thrown off. He would usually end up in bed with us. And while I loved him snuggling up to me, it couldn't last forever. I am now happy to say he's in his own bed all night long sleeping from about 8-8:30 till 6:30-7:00 in the morning! Finally some sleepless nights on my part are paying off!

No comments: